Monday, December 01, 2014

#GivingTuesday

Yes, I have a hashtag in the title.  I'm officially social-media savvy.


Tomorrow is a really cool day:


Normally, for whatever reason, I tend to shy away from mass-produced overly-emphasized hallmarkish holidays.  Sweetest day is the worst.

Yet tomorrow has the potential to be a really redemptive day, and for that reason I'm excited to both advertise for it and promote it in the future.

I trumpet this all the time, but I believe it's worth it every time.  Genesis 12:1-3 says this:

“The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
'I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.'"

In this critical section of scripture God lays out his general calling to man: You will be blessed so that you will be a blessing.  We are won by Christ, not to sit on clouds and play harps, but to serve God in being a blessing to a hurting world.

Your giving is a blessing to a hurting world.  Any giving, for that matter, is a blessing to a hurting world.
Christians are people that are actively bringing and being a blessing to a hurting world. Tomorrow is a fun opportunity to give back.
Please consider dedicating some time tomorrow to giving back.  And consider dedicating some of your money and resources to a cause which blesses the world.


No comments: