Monday, August 23, 2010

Cacth-up day

We've just returned from a trip to Melissa's parents. It was pretty fun. Melissa and I eat like cows when we're there and it was sort've a last hurrah before we buckle down about our diets. She is determined to lose that baby weight and I could stand to lose 10 or 15 lbs as well.

I have a cold right now so that's not a whole lot of fun. Noah does as well. Melissa is bound to be next. I seriously hate being sick. It just saps everything out of me. Most especially it just saps my heart. I don't feel much of anything, and let me tell you, when your job is to be passionate about Jesus and encouraging to everyone around you and you feel dead to the world it's not a very nice combination. I have a feeling today is just going to be one of those days that we try and buckle down and remain faithful despite how we feel. It's drag yourself to work day.

Add and illness to a quasi-significant amount of catching up/procrastinated work (which always happens when we go home) and we could really use your prayers. The schoolyear doesn't start for another month or so, but we both have quite a few things we were hoping to get done this summer that haven't yet been finished.

Noah loves grandma and grandpa Grover. He was more huggy and kissy there than we've ever seen him. It was cute but we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop with him now being back home. They pay him constant attention and he always gets what he wants, but when we're home he doesn't have that luxury and doesn't always transition well.

We started tackling drills! Grandma got him this penguin punching bag thing that bounces up everytime you knock it down. We would run (me on my knees and him prancing, ha!) at it and spear it together and commence with 10 seconds of laughter before we had another go at it. It was seriously fun. I really love that dude.

Melissa and I had some seriously needed connect time as well. I'm afraid I haven't done a very good job at romancing her now that we have two babies. That few hours was precious to me.

No comments: