Monday, May 18, 2009

Where's Bart?

Yes, I (Melissa) don't know what happened to Bart....he's decided that he's had enough and he's not blogging anymore. Not really. For those of you who have been wondering, Bart hasn't given up. He "says" he's going to blog for the next 3 days. We'll see. Any wagers?


We've all been sick lately. Noah started out with the cold, then passed it to Bart and they were both kind enough to share it with me. How sweet. But I can't complain cause Noah is a trooper when he's sick. You almost can't tell except for the fact that he's pretty congested and can't sleep quite as well.


We had a pretty good weekend in Canton. Had a bridal shower for Bart's cousin, and did a little support stuff. It was good to get to spend time with everyone. It seemed like everyone hadn't seen Noah in forever since he's crawling now and has 2 teeth. My Dad even commented not too long ago that he's about ready for college, he's growing up so fast. I agree. What on earth happened to our little baby?


Noah just started pulling himself up in the last couple days. We're in trouble, I think. He doesn't quite know how to get down yet, so he ends up just toppling over and that generally ends in tears. What can you do? At least he's trying.

I finally got a picture of those teeth!


I'm a real boy!


Yum, mulch tastes gooood.


So I'm sure most of you have seen The Lion King. Does this picture (below) resemble any part of that movie? It should, because Bart likes to lift Noah in the air and say "LION KING!" That's all. Just "lion king." I know, I know. There's nothing I can do about him. We're just going to have to live with his weirdness. Sigh.

Noah was actually trying to bite Dad's head while he was up there.


Bart likes to call him Hasselhof when he has his top button unbuttoned. Grrrr.


And I'll leave you with a story since Bart likes to share random things about me....today I was putting Noah down for a nap and Bart was making all kinds of noise, so I said, "why don't you just go yell in his room while you're at it?" (Or something to that effect.) He said that would be funny. So the next thing I know, I hear Bart run upstairs, he opens Noahs door, yells and then closes the door. Noah starts sobbing and Bart is snickering upstairs. I then run upstairs to comfort our child and then beat my husband. Unfortunately I didn't get to beat him. I did calm Noah down, but do you all see what I'm dealing with here? As I'm typing this, he's singing Don't Cry for Me Little Noah to the tune of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" by Madonna. Yup that's right. Aren't all you ladies jealous?

1 comment:

Mere said...

Such a cute post! I love all of the pictures, and you are quite a funny story teller!!!
And Bart's yelling in Noah's room .... something like Ryan did the other day. We have a video monitor and when Ryan is in there he likes to "act" on the camera while I'm watching from another room. He started doing dances and weird movements right in front of it to be funny and woke Savannah up.

Men!!!