Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cru's most fruitful year of evangelism

A woman came up to D.L. Moody to air a grievance.  "Mr Moody, I don't like the way you do evangelism!"

"Well, ma'am, let me ask you, how do you do it?"  Moody asked.

"I don't," she replied.

"Well, I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it," Moody responded.

I think it is good and right and proper to question the way we do evangelism.  I believe that faithfully loving those that do not yet know Jesus means perpetually thinking and dreaming of different methods and manners in which to introduce them to the Lord.  How can we be more loving?  How can we be more accurate?  How can we allow the light of the gospel to shine into their particular cultural realities?

Yet for all that we plan, Moody is still right.  We must get up off the couch (or out of our office chairs or behind our desks or away from our cell phones) and actually engage people in real conversations about Jesus.  We must actually do evangelism, and not just talk about it.

That is why I'm so grateful to be a part of the organization that we are.  Cru has always been about evangelism.  Cru has not only always asked questions about how we can further reach people for the gospel, but we have actually gone out and done it.




These are exciting times, both to be a part of the body of Christ, and to be alive.  Would you thank God with me for this past year in ministry in Cru, and pray for further fruitfulness and courage to continue proclaiming the gospel.

1 comment:

Kuch said...

Like button pushed!