Saturday, June 27, 2009

Recent Email

If you've been getting our ministry updates, you know I've been doing a bit of evangelism and disciples through the medium of email. Every minute people from all over the world are seeking counsel and advice for life, and we want to be a part of helping all nations hear the Gospel.

Today I got an email from a guy named Ekpes. He asked, "Why do wife inspite of what you do for them, love and care for them even owe debt just to satisfy them still nags at issues that worth nothing." A tough question. Here is my response:

Marriage is a difficult thing. I can definitely sympathsize with you, that I often feel like my wife and I are fighting over "little" issues. Really, I think, our fights are about deeper aspects in our hearts. When we fight over little things, it's usually our wives way of telling us that we've hurt her in some way. Perhaps we aren't loving her sacrificially? Perhaps we put other things before her? Perhaps we neglect her feelings or put her down? It's tough because we are sinful people, in need of grace ourselves, but our wives are as well. The only cure for stuff like this is Jesus. I love Hebrews 4:14-16 that says:

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathsize with our weakness, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

So, Jesus understands this plight! He was ridiculed, mocked and even betrayed. People thought he was crazy. Definitely Jesus understands what tough relationships were like. God would have us look to Jesus, who understands the frustrations we deal with, and accept the grace and mercy to cover over the sins! I would love to be in contact about this. Let me know how I can help! I will be praying for you.

Thanks for reading. I hope this encourages anyone in tough circumstances that may read.

No comments: